Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Class Notes: Dec. 9, 2009

B-block

AGENDA
:

1. Finish TKMB posters and be ready to present tomorrow.
2. Review paradox and oxymoron in Romeo's speech. (Artificial language reflects his artificial feelings.)
3. Perform play.

HOMEWORK: 1. Work on Study Questions for Act I.

C-block (Honors)

AGENDA
:

1. Journal: Describe the goofiest or most embarrassing way you have seen one teenager ask another one out and then describe the most romantic or sweetest way. Feel free to use your imagination if you can't think of a particular example.
2. Consider the artificial nature of Romeo's language in Act I, scene i: his use of oxymorons and metaphors to speak about love. Compare with his speech when he meets Juliet for the 1st time at the party.
3. Consider the interchange between Romeo and Juliet in Act I, scene v and why Shakespeare used the sonnet form for their first meeting and dialogue.
4. Finish reading Act I.

HOMEWORK: 1. Work on Act I Study Questions (DUE MONDAY, DECEMBER 14th)

D-block

AGENDA
:

1. Review Romeo's use of oxymorons and metaphors in Act I, scene i.
2. Continue reading up through Act I, scene iii.

HOMEWORK: 1. Work on Study Questions. Make sure you identify which questions you are confused about and come to class tomorrow prepared to bring up those questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment